Achieve relief with facial pain therapy
Injecting Botox into specific trigger points can reduce or eliminate facial pain. ConfiDental Beverly Hills offers this treatment so that patients can live pain-free.
Here are some of the benefits of facial pain therapy with Botox:
- It is a fast form of treatment
- It is a non-invasive, non-surgical option
- You may experience very minimal discomfort
- It can significantly reduce tension in the jaw
- It can minimize lockjaw
- It can eliminate headaches
- Results are noticeable after the first two days of treatment
- You can resume your usual activities afterward
- It can give all-day relief from your facial pain
- It is considered a low-risk treatment and has very few complications, which are usually temporary
Injecting Botox into the jaw muscles can keep patients from excessively grinding their teeth, which means their teeth and gums will be protected. However, other functions, such as biting, speaking, and swallowing, will not be affected. Facial pain therapy with Botox lasts about three months, so you would need another session every 12 weeks or as recommended by Dr. Liyan Massaband.